Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving

It was wonderful getting to celebrate Thanksgiving with both families this year. I'm glad my family was able to have it early and D,J,B,C and kids were able to come. We missed those that couldn't make it... very much.


I had a emotional moment when Dan and JaNeil arrived. It was the first time that Dan had ever seen Adelade. He just said something like, "Oh she is such a cutie". Not a big deal right? But for some crazy reason I just got all choked up. Probably because she's my first baby and it made me happy that Dan could meet her. But also because here he and I are, both with families, living far apart and trying to do the best we can as parents. It just hit me like "BAM"! Time passes so quickly. Brandon said it was joy. And that is so true. Immense joy! Being there with my brothers and sisters laughing and talking. So that swarm of emotion I felt that night has come flooding back to me while writing this. It's helped me reflect on my relationships with all of my family members. Parents, brothers, sisters, my in-laws and so on. I appreciate each relationship/friendship so much. Each one being so unique and special to me. I am so grateful for traditions and Holidays because it gives me an opportunity to get to know my family as each year passes. So much can change in such a short amount of time, as we all know, and I'm glad to add this Thanksgiving Memory to my stock pile of awesome family memories!

Ma'me with Bianca and Adelade.


E, looking cute as a Button!




My nieces on the Colovich side made these scarves, with Grandma Dana's help of coarse,for all of ladies while we were enjoying Thanksgiving. They were so excited I just had to get a picture. Who knows, maybe we will have a famous fashion designer in the family one day.


Addy with Aunt Coco.

5 comments:

Suelyn said...

Cute story about seeing your family! Holidays are so awesome!! Our parents have done a good job making sure we know the importance of family. The picture of Aunt Karen with the girls is darling!

Dr. E said...

I love you Mindz, and that picture of Adelade with her aunt is so very cute.

We miss you.

Love,
Aaron.

Brittany said...

Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving!! I absolutely love getting together with family during the holidays! Adie is so dang cute! And I love the scarfs, very cute!

JaNeil said...

I did receive your comment on the digiscrapping. We need to swap ideas sometime and share our pages. Along with Shabby Princess, I have found free stuff at summertimedesigns.blogspot.com., got this from Angie. I wouldn't mind swapping materials, but I have boys and need boy type stuff and I am assuming you will get girl type stuff, but if you ever get some stuff that would work let me know and I will do the same. I tried to post your comment, but our blog home page is in Chinese right now and since I don't know Chinese I think I accidently hit delete and not publish.

Anonymous said...

Hey! Actually I blogged all those on the same day. When I get a hair the blog it is usually many because I do it in spurts. Have you and the hubby talked anymore about dental school?