Winter is the time for projects. Projects make me happy. I'm the Project Visionary. G-bud is the Master Craftsmen.
We've begun some remodeling in our kitchen. (I can say "We" this time because I have been helping with little bits, throughout the process.) I drew a really adolescent looking sketch and G-bud is making it come to life. Isn't that amazing and quite frankly, FREAKIN AWESOME! I love my man so much.
I helped him texture the ceiling and get it primed. I wanted to learn to texture and so I was excited about that part. Then it came time to prime it. Not excited. I've painted so many times in the past five years to last a lifetime. Anyway we primed up the ceiling and primed away the green walls too. No more bold, and cheery, Crown of Laurel green. It's probably going to be replaced with a neutral. A grayish tan is what I'm thinking in my head. But like my sister-in-law said, "Tan just doesn't feel like a kitchen color". She's right it doesn't sound very bright and cheery does it? I want something a little bit more modern, though. And of coarse buyer friendly. Here are the words that describe what's in my head. Modern. Clean. Open. Airy. Easy to accessorize. Grown up.
G-buddy and his dad moved the cabinet boxes up to ceiling like I had planned. Then he put a little bit of trim around them at the top which looks great, like tiny crown molding. Today he built the small boxes that I wanted to go underneath. We are still trying to decide if we should put glass doors on the front with handles or just leave them as open shelving. I'll have to get the pictures taken and posted so I can get some input. The next thing on the list to accomplish is to get the dishwasher out and moved against the wall and that piece of the counter top cut off. Then pick out counter tops, back-splash and paint colors. Wow. It's finally happening, and it feels fabulous.
Again, I have to say it...my husband is ridiculously smart and talented and I love him immensely.
3 comments:
Can't wait to see some pics!
Oh I loved your green walls! And you need to blog more often I love when you update!!!!
Oh I love my husband too but sadly he's not a craftsman. He couldn't remodel a kitchen if he wanted to.:) I'm excited to your pics though of the updates!
Post a Comment