Friday, March 5, 2010

Pull Ups

We were at Burger King  for lunch today and Addy said, "pee pee" and grabbed her diaper. When she does that we know she has to go. We don't know if it's #1 or #2 but she's gonna go and fast.  Since we were in Burger King I just let her go in her diaper because it still catches me off guard when she tells me she has to go, these days. Anyway I ended up changing a poopy diaper in the car. That's never cool. So off to Walmart we went to purchase a potty chair and some pull ups. When we got home it was time for a nap and so I asked Adelade if she wanted to go pee pee (I feel silly typing that) and she responded with a big fat NO, of coarse. That's her favorite word. So I took her upstairs and let her watch me take the potty chair out of the box and I pretended like it was the coolest toy in the whole world. Then I asked her if she wanted to try...and of coarse she did.  So she sat down and went. Simple as that.  I was shocked and pretty excited. I started cheering in a really high voice and showering her with kisses.  Addy just looked up at me, turned her head to the side and gave me this sweet lamb look, like "Oh Mommy, you are silly".

4 comments:

Chelsea Johnson said...

AMAZING. Seriously, she is so young, isn't she! What a smart girl! Hopefully this good fortune continues. Potty trained kids are great, but actually a lot more work than changing a diaper every few hours. Keep it up!

Melinda said...

That's true Chels, it has already been alot of work and it's only one day. Lots of melt downs on the potty chair. But she went twice today. That's pretty good I think. Now I'm going to have to move her from a crib to a bed so she can get out and get me when she needs to go. Yikes. Not looking forward to that.

JaNeil said...

I am still working on Owen even though he has been going pee before his bath for over a year. We made it three days on the toilet for #2 and so much easier than changing a poopy pull-up. I wouldn't worry about the bed yet. Training at night time is rough. Just take her in to go right when she wakes up from naps and the night.

Brittany said...

Yay Addy! Good job!! That's a big step! Good luck with the potty training!