Wednesday, November 10, 2010

She's a Character

So Adelade has had a stomach bug a couple of times in her short life.  Most recently about a month or so ago.  She was super sick.  Vomiting all night long.  It was a very traumatic experience, I'm sure for her. This is how it went one very long night.... 

       
A high pitched scream!!!!
                       
                   .......Me or G-bud rushing into the room

   Grabbing a towel and the trash can
           
Thrusting  Addy's head into the trash can (that we called a bucket) while holding back wisps of hair.

She's screaming and yelling "NO BUCKET, NO BUCKET"!

                      Wiping off the sick child's face with a wipe.


Administering a sip of water.


Over and over and OVER again!


  She got better though.  Life went on as normal, pretty much the next day.  And the days to follow.  So I'm assuming that she forgot all about the episode, until one night a few weeks later.  

This night Adelade did not want to go to bed.  Lots of whining and crying and trying every trick in the book.
Then she busts out...

"Bucket, Mom".

I'm like, "Huh. Are you sick"?   She says yes.  So I go get the trash can. I hand it to her and she proceeds to fake puke into it.  A few times.  With the noises  and the spitting and everything.  She asked for a wipe for her mouth and then said, "Drink Momma, drink".  So dramatically, too.  I'm surprised she didn't put the back of her hand up to her forehead.

Meanwhile I'm am trying sooooooo hard not to burst into hysterical laughter.  I wanted to yell so bad for G-bud to come up stairs and witness it with me but I knew she would get embarrassed and stop.  I just couldn't believe that she remembered it in such detail.  And was using it as a "stay awake" tactic.  She's only 2 after all!  
 

Wow!
She kills me.

She's since tried it a few more times.  Each time as dramatic as the first.  I hope I will know when she is really sick because she keeps crying wolf.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Oh she cracks me up! She is so dang cute! I love her laugh. I wish I could have witnessed her "crying wolf".:)