Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Potty Training already, Hun?

Last night Garrett gave Adelade a bath while I cleaned up the kitchen and made a treat. Well she loves her baths but she hates when it's time to get out and get dressed. I guess she was pretty upset. Crying a lot and arching her back and such. Anyway Garrett got her ready for me to feed her and put her down for the night.

At about 4:00 am Addy woke up wanting to be fed and Garrett got her from her crib and brought her in to me. I instantly smelled a strong, urine-odor radiating from her. I thought nothing of it since that's a common occurrence with babies. She and I fell asleep in our bed, but awoke a couple of hours later when Addy started fussing. I felt something wet and told Garrett her diaper leaked. Garrett got up and took Addy in to change her. I got up to check out the sheets. When I pulled them back there was a gigantic wet spot. At that same moment I heard Garrett in the other room say "What the...?". I ran in to see what was going on and then I saw that Garrett had forgotten to put a diaper on her the night before. Oh gosh! I just started laughing! Poor guy. He felt so silly. Garrett said that he just felt "so frazzled" with her crying and "wigging out". He was just hurrying to get it done as fast as he could and as he put it "accidentally skipped step 3".

Well, I checked her crib and everything was soaked. I don't know how both of us could have missed this. I mean, I fed her and laid her down. How did I miss that she didn't have a diaper on? So funny (well sort of). It was a big job to clean up. But a cute memory none the less.

5 comments:

Brittany said...

That's pretty funny! I'm sure you're not the first parents to have done that. Sounds like something Bryce and I would do.:)

JaNeil said...

I am laughing right now about this one, which has sent me into a coughing spell. I have had a cold and the cough just won't go away. Yuck! We have had our fair share of wet sheets with diapers. I can't imagine the clean up with no diapers. You should write this down in her baby book or something.

Chelsea Johnson said...

That is so hilarious! The things we do when we're exhausted and frazzled!

I hope your foot is feeling better, it looked pretty bad!

kristina said...

My mom told us this story when they got here last night but it's even funnier to hear it first person!

What a mess to clean up though.

Anonymous said...

Mom told us about this when they came out last week. So hilarious.