Thursday, February 5, 2009

On the Mend




So I sprained my ankle a couple of weeks ago playing Volleyball. Can I just say that was the most painful thing I have ever felt! Seriously...it was worse than a contraction. I couldn't breath I couldn't think. I just kept telling myself not to cry or to throw up. If I wouldn't have had a crowd of people around me I probably would have done both. I wish I would have thought to get a picture of it the first few days after it happened. It didn't dawn on me to write anything about it until last night when I put up the last post. Oh well. Here are the pictures of what it looks like after about two weeks.

6 comments:

Brittany said...

Geez, that looks bad!! You poor thing! I've sprained my ankle before but never that bad! Hope it gets better soon!

JaNeil said...

Sometimes a sprain can actually be more painful and take longer to heal than a brake. Sorry about the ankle sprain. Dan sprained his ankle about a year ago and I tried to help him heal and also wanted to take him to my clinic for treatment. He didn't really take my advice on anything. He was being a stubborn fool and not taking help from the expert. Well needless to say, it did finally heal, but I could have helped it heal faster. Good luck!

Dotter Family said...

Mindy-
It was so good to talk to you to day it's been along time I really have missed your friendship. We need to get together one day and go to lunch. Give me a call when you have a day to go.

JaNeil said...

The best thing for swelling is elevation. Also a frozen bag of peas is the best ice pack. Try both of those before bed and some Advil or Aleve.

Ruth said...

Oh, that looks bad! So sorry! When I broke my little toe and it was bent the wrong way I felt the same way you did. I thought for sure I would throw up. Way to be tough for the crowd! Hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

Ummm eeeewwwww gross. Smiles :) Just kidding. I hope you are doing better.