Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Hanging on to Summer
I know I don't live by a beach...I live in Utah. Pretty much couldn't be further from a beach except for good ol' Steinaker Res, but this background makes me feel happy. It makes me feel like I can hold on to summer for just a few more months. I will probably take it down in a couple of weeks but until then, enjoy it along with me. Maybe G-buddy and I will go on a little Vaca somewhere warm. Cali? Hmmm...I still want to see the Redwood forest. I could be close to a beach then, and take my own picture and make it into a background. That would be sweet. Until then I'll just be bummed that summer is almost over and wishing my T.V. shows would hurry up and get on with their season premiers already! It's transition time for most people. Getting kids ready for school or going back to school. But for us it's just G-bud's work, work, and more work. And I'm mommy, doing mommy things. I feel like something should be transitioning for me or us. I'm getting an itch...that I can't scratch. Like I need to change my hair or go shopping or SOMETHING! I'm feeling the air start to cool and it's giving me anxiety. Winter is coming. AHHHHH! Stop, stop STOP!!! I need my shows to make me feel better about the winter coming. Is that weird? Or maybe a little pathetic? Maybe I'm just having a bad mommy day. I think I need a new book. Ah yes, that's the ticket. Next post: My New Reading List.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh boy can I relate to this post! It sounds just like I feel!! Books are good....very good! I absolutely love to read! Have you read Gurnsey Literary and Potatoe Peel Pie Society?? It's a cute book! Loved it!
See, I just feel like I need to go buy school supplies. . . just one of those things.
You've got to read "Hunger Games" and the sequel "Catching Fire" by Suzanne Collins.
Or better yet, come visit us and I will let you borrow them!!!
Kristina we want to come visit for sure! I know I keep saying that but we really do. If we do this road trip thing, then we will for sure this fall. Does that sound fun? Maybe you guys want to come along? :)
Post a Comment