I haven't started reading any new novels like I wanted to. But, I did go to the library. I checked out a bunch of interior design, crafty, and sewing books instead. I found some real gems, like this one. It's really inspired me to get started on our Kitchen Remodel. Oooo I can't wait for it to get cold outside. I also can't believe I'm saying that! That is exactly what I didn't want to happen, but if it snows then G-bud is done working and then he can start on all my...oops I mean "our" new projects. YAY, YAY, YAY!!!!
I went shopping too. G-bud got some tickets to a Modest Mouse concert (which was very cool) so we went to that in SLC and I couldn't leave the city without hitting up a few malls. I didn't buy much for myself, except for these little yellow flats ($29) which really excited me.

Most of my purchases were for my child and that made me happy. Isn't this legging/skate shoe combo so cute?

My shows haven't started yet, but The Office Season 5 came out on DVD last week. Hooray! It's been keeping G-bud and I entertained in the evenings. My favorite episode from Season 5 would have to be the safety training one. Oh my heck! G-bud let out his breathy, high pitched, girly laugh for that one. So hilarious! Here's a sneak peek for Season 6 which premiers next week.
Cafe Rio opened up on Labor Day, here in Vernal! I was pretty jazzed about it. Pork burritos, Roast Beef Salads, Salmon tacos. MMMMMMMmmmm! Me likey!
I've also been making fabric flowers.

So addicting! I wanted to make a flower pin to put on a long striped cardigan I bought for my niece's birthday. (I didn't get a picture of that one dang it. It was very fun and funky with lots of patterns and colors.) So I started searching around for tutorials and patterns. Here is where I got the idea for mine. I'll have to take some more pictures of the others I've created. They've made great bows and magnets. Love em!
6 comments:
You need to start reading some books too! I absolutely love reading! I swear I'm in competition with myself to see how many books I can read.:) I love the new yellow flats and the cute flowers! Very creative! Oh, I love The Office and I hadn't seen that preview yet so thanks for that! I miss you!!!!!! Love ya!
I love, love, love the shoes and I want some too. :) I seriously want to come to Salt Lake to just spend a weekend shopping. I miss shopping.
I miss shopping too. Melinda you can come visit anytime. I will feed you lots of canned yumminess and you can help me paint a wall that I have been putting off for 6 months. You are like the painting pro. Every time I come to your house there is a new color or new decorations.
so, don't write about cafe rio again, ok? there's not one by me... not even close and it sounds SO GOOD!! so, do you think those fabric flowers could be used as hair bows???
That is true JaNeil, I do paint ALOT! I just painted my bedroom again. I'll be posting about that. And I would love to go shopping with both of you girls. I feel like Salt Lake is the best place for that soooooooo...you guys better come out here. Christmas maybe? We can hit up some after Christmas sales. That would rock!
And,Angie sorry you don't live by a Cafe Rio. :( It really is wonderful to have it every weekend.
Those flowers are super cute as hair bows. I made some for Addy, but smaller. I will post it. Let me know if you make some too.
Mindy- I love your blog, I need your email so I can send a invite to ya. Office rocks- We are addicted! How did ya like the wedding episode with the walk down the aisle?
Post a Comment