Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Our big girl

I know it's been almost a month ago that we celebrated Addy's birthday, sorry for the delay. We had lots of fun opening presents, eating cake and ice cream and watching Addy play. Addy made out like a bandit with loads of exciting gifts and toys. I was happy about that because she didn't have very many. Honestly she didn't. Anyway I decorated the downstairs hallway with tissue paper flowers and set up a table with the treats because the floor is laminate and not carpet, so perfect spot to let Addy get messy with her cupcake. (I know you are probably wondering why we have laminate flooring in that spot. Well the people that lived here before us decided to put down a lovely (for 1984) blue, floral linoleum, and just in that hallway. Strange. It was pretty much the first thing to go when we bought this place.)


Anywho I think it turned out great, for Addy too. I know people say the parties are for the parents when kids are this age, but she had fun playing with her sand box and showing off for all the people that came to see her. She's such a ham. I must admit that I do love that about her. It feels good to know that she has picked something up from me, even if she doesn't really resemble me at all. Addy took her first steps without encouragement on her birthday and it was about a week or so later that she began to walk about full time. It's been pretty nice for me. I can put her down in the store and I don't have worry about her hands getting all yucky from the floor. Addy also cut her first teeth the day after her birthday. I could see one trying to break through, but I had no idea there were FOUR trying to come through. Poor thing has six teeth now all within a few weeks. She's coped pretty well considering the amount of bone that's breaking through skin.

I can't believe my baby is growing up so fast. I always tell her to stop growing but she just won't listen to me. (Sigh) I love Adelade so much it hurts. And I never knew I could think about someone this much. I mean I do think about my sweet G-buddy, but it's totally different. I honestly live and breath for my child. She's everything to me. She's made me the happiest I've ever been.

I don't know what's up with blogger, or maybe it's my internet, but it's taking like an hour to upload pictures. I will have to upload pictures of the party later.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Happy Birthday Adelade!! Can't wait to see pictures! You're such a great mommy!:)