Thursday, January 28, 2010

18 Months



My girl is 18 months old today.  It makes me happy that Adelade is getting older and she will hopefully be potty trained and not sucking on passies soon. I feel happy thinking about actually having real conversations with my little gal and having tea parties and watching her play house and dress-ups. Those things are wonderfully exciting things to look forward to. But today I can't help but miss having a little babe to hold in my arms so close to me. A babe that used to snuggle up into my neck and would hold on to my hair.  A babe that smelled so sweet and pure, of that baby smell that you don't realize they have until it's gone. I miss having my babe giggle at my silly faces and coo when I would sing to her.  I miss those things so much I could cry. 

Adelade I love you. You are my joy. You are my sun on dark days. You've brought me the most happiness I've ever known. I love you, I love you, I love you, always, my sweet, darling, girl.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

She is adorable!! I am so glad to know you have a blog! Love your "Oh my Heck" blog too bye the way. I just might have to get crafty and try and make that tutu. So cute!! Oh and the green thing...what is it with green? I just love it too!!

JaNeil said...

Baby hungry? I miss those things too and am excited to have a new babe in the house soon.

Brittany said...

I know what you need...... another little baby to hold in your arms.:) Then you'll have the best of both worlds. You can play dress-ups with Ade and then snuggle with the new little one.:) Just a thought.

Gwen said...

She is so sweet!