The only thing I like about February is that it's my Anniversary Month (wow 5 years) and so I have just a little something to look forward to. The rest of the month seems to drag on with wintery-cold. Garrett and I went to Glenwood Springs with his family, during our anniversary. It was a really fun trip but I forgot my camera! BLAST! I always do that! Anyway Glenwood is only about a two and half to three hour drive from here so not bad for a quick winter vaca.
We went to the hot springs pool the first night which was awesome and Adelade loved it. She kept trying to walk into the water by herself. She drank lots of sulfer-salty water that night and only cried when it was time to get dressed.
(I kept wondering how they life guard this pool at night, with all the steam, how can they tell if someone is drowning?)
Garrett's family watched Addy when we got back to the hotel so he and I could get some dinner just the two of us. {That felt really good. Quiet, and kind of exciting, like we were pre-child again, on a trip by ourselves. But then we got back to the hotel and there was a baby in our room....weird.}
What? Reality. Oh sorry I'm back....
so the next day G-bud and I went snowboarding at Sunlight Mountain Resort, with his two sisters and his brother. Garrett's parents took Addy for the day... so lovely of them. {Garrett was an amazing husband on this day.} I had only been snowboarding once before this trip so I was definitely not going to be good or even getting down the mountain at all. Anyway Garrett wouldn't let me quite. Even when I was throwing a "hissy" and probably embarrassing him he kept helping me get up and encouraging me to keep trying. Saying things like...."You will get this. You've almost got it. That was a really good try." Yeah it was not pretty to say the least, but after one reeeeaaaallly long trip down the hill I finally picked up on it. The second time down wasn't so bad and so on. I got super tired and was completely done after lunch.
That was just fine with me and especially G-bud who took off with his brother and sister for the rest of the day. I was terribly sore the next few days. For only my second time snow boarding in like 10 years I must say I was proud of myself. I was also so pleased that G-buddy didn't give up on me or let me quite.
I recommend trying Glenwood for a quick winter vacation. It's a cute town. I bet it's gorgeous in the summer. I would love to own a little home there but I hear it's some of the most expensive real estate in the country, bummer.


3 comments:
It sounds fun. I am so ready for spring. Today it is suppose to be 60 degrees here! Spring is on the way. Did you finish the kitchen? I want to see finished photos.
60 degrees? What!?! That's awesome! I'm so jealous! I wish it would get that warm here. Nope we haven't finished the kitchen yet. Just done a little here and a little there. We still need to get counter tops picked out at a manufacturer in Salt Lake. After I know what they look like then I can get started on picking out colors for the rest of the stuff.
Sounds like such a fun vacation. And so great that you were able to do fun stuff with just you and Garrett. It is nice to have together time.
Post a Comment