Sunday, August 26, 2007

Luella Dagamer Olsen Sullivan





1925-2007

Grandma's funeral was so beautiful. Mom and her sisters did such a wonderful job describing some of their memories about their childhood and growing up with Grandma.
It was fun remembering sweet little things about Grandma like "wet kisses". Also my favorite thing that Aunt LouAnne mentioned was when Grandma would ask us "How are you"? and when we would answer "Good" she would always say "You are good". She was such a sweet Grandma.
Garrett was touched by the story Mom shared about how Grandpa would wrap his arms around Grandma's waist and try to dance with her or kiss her while she was fixing dinner, in front of the kids. Garrett is always kissing, hugging or touching me in some way, while I'm cooking or cleaning.
I was telling Mom and Aunt LouAnne that it felt odd to me to think of Grandma as being anyone else than a Grandma. I guess I forgot that she had a very full life before I ever came along. She "is" an exceptional person and she will be very missed.

Our prayers will continually be with our Grandpa who has lost his sweet-heart for a while...

"A little way to walk with you my own,
Only a little way,
Then one of us must weep and walk alone... until God's day".
-Frank L. Stanton

2 comments:

Chelsea Johnson said...

What a beautiful tribute to your grandma. Your blog looks great! Our picture is at Toquerville Falls. Its kind of a fun place. You should definitely come and visit!

Anonymous said...

I always cry when I read this. Such a sweet saying. I am so glad to know we will see her again some day. I miss Grandma...