Friday, November 2, 2007

Slacker...

I've been a real slacker about posting. It's been a whole month. Sorry for my laziness. Garrett and I didn't do anything great for Halloween. I made some carrot cookies, that's about it. Sad I know. We turned our light out so the trick-or-treaters wouldn't come to our house because I didn't buy any candy. Last year was insane!!! We had about a million kids come. I think the whole city brought their kids to Cottenwood Heights and dropped them off. We ran out of candy three times. Garrett had to make two trips to the store. I remember I gave apples to some kids while he was gone. I was really feeling festive last year... with my decorations too. This year not so much. I didn't even get my fall decor out. I was just too busy and tired and couldn't motivate myself to decorate my house, especially when I would think about how I would have to take it down in a few weeks. So I'm planning on being better about decorating for Christmas. Speaking of Christmas I'm trying to get my shopping done early this year. I think Garrett and I have Aaron and Gwen. Comment if you remember the order. Sorry I know I'm lame that I can't remember from one Christmas to the next.

5 comments:

Dr. E said...

I'll email the Christmas list to everyone so they know who they have.

JaNeil said...

It was great to see you guys this weekend. Nice ride by the way! I am totally jealous. Oh to be young and childless and wealthy again. The money just seems to disappear faster with children. Christmas is in like 7 weeks so it is good you are shopping now. I need to start too.

Chelsea Johnson said...

Its about time! I can't wait to do my Christmas shopping! I love the holidays too!

JaNeil said...

Sorry Minz I didn't mean to make you feel bad. You will have kids soon. Enjoy the quiet time. I miss those quiet times especially after a trying day today of being a mom.

Anonymous said...

Having kids makes a difference in motivation for the holidays. Trust me, there would be no decorations up if I didn't have kids. Tonight Emma turned on the tree lights and then just started to giggle and said something like "It's Christmas!" in a little mumble. That made the hours of work with a large belly which I can no longer keep pants up around worth it.