Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving

We spent Thanksgiving with the
Colovich's in Logan this year. We had a great time visiting with the family and the food was delicious! We were only there for Thanksgiving Day so we could get back to Vernal to meet up with my good friend Abby who stayed with us for the weekend.

I have been begging and begging Garrett to
let me buy a tree instead of going and cutting them down each year. Last year my decorations weren't working out on the real tree we cut down and to put it lightly...I was pretty frustrated, so I made him promise me that I could get a artificial one for the next year. Well while in Salt Lake one weekend I kept seeing all these trees I wanted and I could tell Garrett wasn't feeling like following through with his promise but after some seriously childish pouting and fussing on my part, Garrett finally caved and bought me one. YES!!! Anyway I was able to get my tree set up before we left for Logan so it would be done when Abby got here. Unfortunately that was the only thing I was able to get done before she arrived. My house was a complete mess and I was totally embarrassed.

(Sorry the picture is blurry and try to ignore my lack of a tree skirt...I can't find one that I like yet)


I absolutely loved having Abby here though. Vernal has Holly Days the day after Thanksgiving (I totally forgot) so when we drove down town and the road was blocked off it was a pleasant surprise to actually have something to do. We got a hot chocolate and watched the parade through some shop windows. When the parade was over The City had set up some fire pits next to the "Cobble Rock Park" so people could hang out and enjoy the festivities like roasting marshmallows, karaoke and checking out an ice sculpture which I thought was the Statue of Liberty at first (it was really a Reindeer...yeah I was at a weird angle). It turned out to be pretty fun, plus it was a good way to get into the Christmas Spirit. Abby and I also went to Park City on Saturday and met up with
Kaylin and Erin. It was such a fun afternoon of shopping & eating and we were even able to catch a movie. The other girls had to get back but me and Abby were feeling spontaneous. We decided at the last minute to see "August Rush" because it wasn't in Vernal yet and we both really wanted to see it. It was so good. Loved it. I cried like a baby...of coarse! Anyway after lots of laughs and good conversation it was great weekend. Abby's hilarious and I miss her.

Well Christmas is just around the corner now and I've got all my shopping done pretty much except for Mom and Dad and Garrett's Parents. Are we doing the "Memory" thing again this year for Mom and Dad? Let me know.

9 comments:

Chelsea Johnson said...

Okay, I am VERY upset with you. First off, Max and I were Logan for the 5 days prior to Thanksgiving, and we definitely could've tried to see each other, and second, my parents live 15 minutes from Park City and I was there from Thursday till Sunday! I guess you just like your other friends more.....No, but really, we have got to try to get together sometime. Maybe when Brit is here for Christmas we could work something out! It sounds like your Thanksgiving was very action-packed!

JaNeil said...

I guess we need to talk to mom about the memory thing. Last year she gave us a theme. I am very excited for Christmas too. My tree is up with decorations on the top 2/3 so Lane doesn't pull them all off. I will post a picture on our blog. Can we stay with you when we come to Vernal? We are planning to come to Vernal the Sunday before Christmas and stay until Wednesday.

Sarah Greener said...

Oh my gosh mindy!! i was so so so so exited to hear from you!! it has been like forever! if its ok i am adding you to my list of people on my blog. you guys look so good and sounds like everything is going so well too! yes, lets defiantly keep in touch!!!!! :) talk to ya soon
sarah

Sarah Greener said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dr. E said...

The tree looks great Melinda. I need to put mine up, but I am really not looking forward to keeping Penelope away from it for the next month. Wish we could see you for Christmas. Maybe next year.

Sarah Greener said...

oh my gosh i would love it if we could all get together sometime!! that would be so much fun!

JaNeil said...

If Brandon and Carey are coming for Christmas, I think they should have first pick of where they want to stay. If it is your place then we can stay at mom and dad's in the garage or motorhome or a hotel or something. I don't know what Christa's plans are, do you?

Brittany said...

I am jelous of your big tree! It looks great! My tree is about 3 feet tall and sits on my end table in the living room.:) I am glad you got a kick out of my cat's costume!:) We have to get together while I'm in Utah! I miss you too!

Jana said...

Your page is so PERFECT all the time, I'm jealous... mine looks like someone is too busy to do anything with it which is truly the case. You know the firework that are at the end of Holly days? Well we just stepped out our back door and caught the whole show. It was awesome! I'll post a video of it maybe.I can't wait for Christmas so I can see you. LOL. Love ya