Monday, January 21, 2008

Little Peanut

Well I usually don't have anything cool to post but I think this is pretty great! This is for my friends who have yet to hear of our news. Garrett and I are going to have a baby at the end of July! YAY! I'm much more excited about it now since I'm heading into my second trimester, the sickness is subsiding, I'm getting some energy back and I'm feeling much more pleasant. I feel bad that I shared the news of my pregnancy so negatively to my family, at Christmas. Sorry Fam, I love you guys and hopefully you love me back enough to forget my lousy announcement. Anyway we don't know the sex of the baby yet. We won't be finding out for a few more weeks. When we do find out, I will post the pictures of that ultrasound and maybe one of my belly, if your lucky. I just have a little bump right now, nothing major, thank goodness since I'm not that far along and it's my first pregnancy. I have thought of a few names that I like for a girl and only one name for a boy but, Garrett and I have a hard time agreeing. I might need some help with names down the road. We are getting really excited though. Garrett was so cute during our first ultrasound. He kept giggling and he was so amazed at how much the baby was moving. He's hoping we will have a boy. Of coarse! I'd love to have a girl but, I keep feeling like it's going to be a boy too. I'll be happy with which ever! Keep us in your prayers that our baby will develop well and be healthy and strong (and have a full head of hair). Thanks to my family for all your excitement and support. Love you all so much.

9 comments:

Brittany said...

Yay!!! I am so excited for you guys!! You are going to be the cutest pregnant girl ever!! I can't wait to hear what it is going to be and what you're going to name it!! Good luck with the name deciding process also. I know that is going to be a fight for Bryce and I. Yay, yay!! You're pregnant!!

L.and.R said...

Hi Mindy and Garrett. CONGRATULATIONS!! I am so excited for you!! I don’t know if Colette told you but I went back to typepad…so my blog is ljlabarbera.typepad.com. username is ljlabarbera and password is fujibike. I’ll link your blog to mine as well. Love, Lori

JaNeil said...

Congrats again Mindy and Garrett! We were wondering when you were going to make your announcement on your blog. We are very excited for you two. Naming is a hard thing, especially hard with boys names. I am speaking from past experience. Dan and I have no problem with girls names and we have two boys. Go figure! Maybe when number three comes along in a couple of years we will finally be able to use a girls name we like. I am glad you are feeling better. The second trimester was always my favorite. Not too big, not too hot (had two summer babies), and not too tired. We await the news of the gender. Yippee!!

Dr. E said...

Mindz,

Just don't tell anyone the names you eventually do decide to pick. I think Gwen and I told you about our little experience. Just keep them to yourself and surprise us all.

Unless, of course, you decide to name your daughter Coca or your son R.C. We of course have our hearts set on Turner for our first boy.

"Oh what a cute boy you are. What did your parents name you?"

"The Name's Turner Miss,
Turner Heaton!"

Chelsea Johnson said...

WHAT??? I am so excited!!! I was kind of suspicious when we were at lunch and I asked when you were going to have kids....you both were kind of funny about your response! I am sooooo happy! Its honestly the best thing ever. I really hated being pregnant, but I would totally do it 20 more times if I had babies just like Jack. He is the best little guy ever! You will love being a mom--its so much fun! And I agree with Brit, you will totally be the cutest pregnant girl ever. Oh yeah--could you please post some pictures or send me some of your hair. I am cutting mine on Friday and Max wants it kind of like yours.....

Sarah Greener said...

Oh my gosh!! Congratulations!! That is extremely exciting! I am really happy for you guys. Yes, be sure to let us know if you are having a girl or a boy. Oh my gosh the best is when you first feel them move. It is just so amazing! Congrats!

kay said...

the girlfriends guide to pregnancy. the best book ever. if i had my stuff, i would send you my copy, but if you haven't read it yet, its a must have! congratulations friend. i am so excited. motherhood gives you so much purpose in life. its absolutely amazing, the entire experience. love you.

Coco said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Sorry Coco I had to erase your comment because I decided I am going to take my brother's advice and not talk about names until the baby is born. Names can be an issue sometimes so we are keeping them on the D.L. Thanks for you comment though I loved it. Miss you more. :o)