Wednesday, February 6, 2008

So much to talk about


President Hinkley


I've thought about the Prophet every day since his death. I've been really sad. I think it's mostly to do with the fact that I'm pregnant and my emotions are always on the brink, but it's also because he's been the Prophet most of my life. He's about the only President of the Church that I can really remember. I cried all day on Saturday watching his funeral, viewing and biography on KSL. He was such an amazing man. He was truly the "People's Prophet". It was touching to see all the people lining the streets in Salt Lake, waving white handkerchiefs. He had a way of making one feel like they knew him personally even if they were never able to meet him. He was so funny and I would always look forward to hearing him speak during General Conference. If you weren't able to catch the funeral on TV go to KSL.com and see if you can watch it there. The talks were exceptional, I thought. I will really miss his charm and sweetness. However, it's brought me joy to think of him getting to be with his little wife again. I'm also excited about the new First Presidency and what the future holds for the church.

Mom's Birthday

I'm sorry I didn't post anything the day of. We had planned to get together, but Dad got really sick with a cold and didn't want to share his germs with us. I was also having a terrible headache that night. I just wanted to say that I love you Mom. You are the greatest Mom ever. For those of you that don't know my wonderful mother, she is amazing. She's hilarious. A great friend. So creative. Such a good cook. Loving and selfless. I appreciate everything you do and have done for me Mom. Happy Birthday!

No, not the Super Bowl


SUPER TUESDAY! I just have to say that I can't stand John McCain! Yes that's right. I'm putting that out there for you all to read. I'm so disappointed that Mitt Romney didn't take the lead. I was really pulling for him. I have to agree with Mom that it's surprising he's done so well up to this point. He would be a great President. He's well spoken. A savvy businessman. Great organizer. He'd have a fresh perspective and bring in much needed change. Good health care plan. Better Illegal Immigration plan than John McCain!!! He's LDS. Plus he's good looking. Please feel free to comment about this topic.

Our Baby

Ok so I thought today was the big day! Dr. Griffith was a little mixed up last month and told us we would get a 3-D ultrasound the next time we saw him. Well we saw him today and that's not happening. We are bummed. We did schedule one though, but it's not till next month. DANG! So we won't be finding out what we are having for a while. Sorry.

7 comments:

Sarah Greener said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah Greener said...

Oh man sorry about having to wait next month for an ultrasound!! That is a bummer, but next month will be here before you know it! I have to agree with you on Mitt Romney, we were a little disappointed at our house as well. Scott said that he would rather vote democratic before he would vote for McCain! To each his own I guess. Anyway......Pres. Hinckley was an extraordinary man! He will be really missed. But I am excited as well for the new presidency, these are exciting times for the church. Well I hope things continue to go well for you guys and in your pregnancy!:)

Melinda said...

sorry whoever tried to leave a comment there. i had to edit this post. come back. :)

JaNeil said...

Sorry about not finding out about the baby. I thought it was a little early at 15 weeks. I always had to wait until 20 weeks, but never have had a 3-D ultrasound. It will be here very soon. I agree with your other comments about Pres. Hinckley, Mom, and McCain.

The Pierces said...

I just found out about your blog. Looks good! Hope everything is going well for you two, soon to be three. Let me know if there is anything we can do for you guys. Keep us posted on how things are...Love you guys.

Brittany said...

I can't wait till you find out what you're having!! Either way it will be the cutest!!! Make sure you let us know when you find out!!:)

Chelsea Johnson said...

That's too bad about the ultrasound, but the closer you are to 20 weeks, the better the pictures and measurements of that little baby's body parts will be! I was lucky enough to have ultrasounds at my disposal, so I can't really relate--but I'll bet it would be frustrating. I completely agree about Pres. Hinckley and the upcoming elections! And Happy Birthday to your Mom, aren't they the greatest?!?