Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Kinda Crazy

My friend Ryan at my work tried this trick on me today and it's supposed to tell you if you are having a boy or a girl. You just need a needle and thread. It will tell you the order of your children's births that you have had and that you will have. He threaded the needle with about a 12" long piece, rubbed the pointy end of it on the tip of my finger for a few seconds and then suspended it over the inside of my wrist that was lying on the desk. It took just a couple of seconds and it began to move in a circular motion. That is supposed to mean I am having a girl as my first child. Then the needle stopped for a moment and it began moving right to left. My next child is supposed to be a boy. We'll see if it works. My ultra sound is on Monday. It's really throwing me off because I have just felt that this baby is a boy, inside of me. I encourage each of you to try it. It's supposed to work for all the children that you have already had remember, and the children to come. Make sure you hold the thread really steady. I suggest that the person holding the thread rests their elbow on something like a table or desk and steadies their arm with their other hand. We tried it on him and it was accurate about his three previous children. He had two boys first then a girl and he is having a boy next. Good luck. I hope to hear if it worked for any of you! Remember circular motion is a girl and back and forth means a boy.

7 comments:

Sarah Greener said...

Hmmmm interesting. I have never actually tried it with a needle I tried it with a string and my wedding ring and it didn't really work for me, it said I was having a girl. But maybe I needed to try it with a needle instead! I also heard that if you peed on draino crystals (which I tried) that it will tell you if you are having a boy or girl. The crystals will turn green if you are having a girl and brown if you are having a boy.. It didnt really work for me either.....But you never know!:) Thats cool though I will have to try the needle thing and let you know. Hmmm it is going to be very interesting to see what you are going to have!:) Fun!

Brittany said...

I've heard of that. I voted that you're going to have a boy but maybe I'm wrong too! A girl would be so much fun and you could buy lots of cute girly clothes! I will be patiently waiting to find out what you're having! That's exciting!

Dr. E said...

We tried that on me when I was pregnant but it didn't work. It said I was having 2 boys and then a girl. I don't remember the sex, but I think there was a fourth. Anyway, it will be interesting to see if it works for you. I'm so excited to see you in April. Hopefully you will have a little belly by then.

Chelsea Johnson said...

My sister did that and it has been accurate so far for her. She has three boys and I think hers said she she would have three boy, then a girl, then another boy! Strange! Can't wait to hear what it is!

JaNeil said...

Excited to hear if it will be the needle or the mother's intuition that is correct. I always felt like Lane was a boy, but wasn't quite as sure with Owen. Waiting to hear the news on Monday!

Anonymous said...

So what are you having?

Brittany said...

Hello??? Boy or girl?? I think we're all anxiously awaiting the news!! Maybe one of each!:)