Thursday, March 6, 2008

It's a...



Girl! We finally had our ultra sound today. It almost didn't happen again. I got pretty sick this morning but there was no way I was missing this. We are so excited to be having a baby girl. I guess that needle and thread thing did work. Garrett has said all along that he felt it was a girl so maybe I just don't have a great "motherly intuition". Sorry it's taken me so long to post something. I know we were supposed to have the ultra sound on Monday but we thought our appointment was at 8:30 and it was actually at 8:00. So they made us reschedule. We were bummed, and the anticipation was killing us. Finding out today was wonderful though.

The baby was just sleeping away in there and she wouldn't move so we could see the gender. Well the tech did all the measurements and after she was about done I said "I'm going to shake my belly to get it to move". That worked like a charm! She started moving around like crazy!!! We got a great view so we know it's for sure a girl. Plus she began kicking, stretching, moving her mouth, putting her hand up over her eyes. It was very cute and very exciting.

My pregnancy has been going so much better these last few weeks. I feel about a hundred times better. I still have terrible heart burn every day but that's so much better than nausea. My hormones are pretty crazy too. Bouts of crying and anger are definitely not uncommon for me right now but I don't feel that I let myself get too out of hand. You will have to ask Garrett if it's really worse than I say. I dunno!

I just want to tell everyone thanks, for all your excitement. It's been so fun for us to have our families and friends be so involved in this process. We love you all.

9 comments:

JaNeil said...

Congrats!! Odds were that you would have a girl, all of your other siblings have had girls first, except Dan. We are very excited for you. And you look soooo cute with your little bump.

Brittany said...

Yeah!!! Baby Girl Colovich!! I am so excited for you guys! I have been checking your blog all day to find out what you're having!! A girl!!!!!!! And you look so dang cute!! Could you be any cuter of a pregnant girl??!! I'm lovin' the baby bump! It looks good on you.;)

Dr. E said...

That is such a great picture of you. You look so cute pregnant. I am so excited that you are having a girl! Girls are so much fun! Of course I would probably say that about boys too if I had had a boy first. We are so excited to see you in April. We have a big bag of gifts for the baby already. Oh, maybe we can have a baby shower for you while we are there or something. I'll check with the sisters and see if we can get together. Love you!

Sarah Greener said...

Yea!!!!! Congratulations!! That is sooo exciting to have a girl! I am so happy for you guys. You will be such a good little mommy! You look so dang cute pregnant with your cute little bump! I love it!

The Pierces said...

Big congratulations! I am really happy for you two. Having a baby changes EVERYTHING. It is the best thing.
I am glad that my oldest child is a girl. But, be careful. The drama starts young! ;o)
That picture is way cute. Why couldn't I find any cute pregnant clothes when I was producing! Argh! That always happens to me.
Way to go though. If you need anything, don't hesitate to call.
Love ya.

Chelsea Johnson said...

Yeah!!!! I am so happy for you! Admittedly, I completely wanted a girl, but I love my little boy so much now! You look so great. Isn't it amazing to see a little tiny growing baby inside of you?

Jana said...

am I the last person to werite to you? and how come i didn't even know you were having an ultrasound (or did I)
Congrats!!! I'm excited.(as are you I am sure, also, too, as well)

Brittany said...

It was so good to talk to you yesterday!! I'm glad you called! Hopefully I'll get to see you this week while I'm in Utah.:)

Anonymous said...

yahoooooooooooooooooooooooooo