Monday, March 17, 2008

Cream Cheese Goodness with Work



I'm the biggest procrastinator ever! Of coarse I waited until 8:00 last night to begin working on a Workers Comp audit. I most certainly couldn't start this huge project without a little snackaroo! So here's what I tried. It's pretty tasty and pretty quick. I think you could/should jazz it up with a little strawberry topping and whip cream.

Cream Cheese Squares


oven 350


2 can (8 oz) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls, divided
2 pkg cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg, slightly beaten
3/4 cup sugar, divided
2 tbsp. ground cinnamon

Unroll 1 of the cans of crescent dough. Press onto bottom of greased 13x9 inch baking pan to form crust, firmly press seams together

Beat cream cheese, vanilla, egg and 1/2 cup of the sugar with electric mixer on med. speed. If your mixer is anything like my ridiculously cheap one with high speed or extra high, either speed will work just fine. Spread mixture on crust.

Unroll remaining can of crescent dough onto large sheet of wax paper. Pat out dough to form 13x9 inch rectangle, pressing seams together to seal. Invert over cream cheese mixture to form crust; discard wax paper of coarse.

Bake
30 to 35 min. or until golden brown. Combine remaining 1/4 cup of sugar and cinnamon in small bowl; sprinkle over squares before cutting. ( I did not need this much sugar and cinnamon)

Beware the cream cheese center is deadly hot. Yep I burned my taste-buds clean off!

Enjoy!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Mmmmmmmmm I am going to have to try that! That looks so good! Oh and I love the green walls!
sarah

JaNeil said...

Looks good Minz. It is funny how you crave certain things when pregnant.

Melinda said...

Um I'm not really craving cream cheese squares, I just happened to have the ingredients. But I am craving lettuce and lemon. I'll post something about that.

Brittany said...

That looks yummy!! I'll have to try it sometime!!

Chelsea Johnson said...

That sounds so good! I loved cream cheese when I was pregnant---actually I loved all fattening things that I regularly did not eat/like such as mayo, butter, ranch, fry sauce--weird things like that! Hope you are feeling well!