Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I'm so boring

Well I'm 23 weeks now. At times it feels like my pregnancy has gone by pretty fast. If I try not to focus on the months and weeks I still have left, I feel better. I've only craved two things since I've been pregnant. I loved these things before though. Fruit smoothies and Lettuce&Lemon. Lettuce&Lemon is a great little snack I learned of from Garrett's Grandma. It's just Ice-burg lettuce, a little vegetable oil, lots of lemon juice and salt. It's soooooooooooo good! I could eat it ever day.

Last night I was starting to feel a little swelling in my hands and feet. I've felt it off and on for the last couple of weeks but I'm starting to get nervous because my rings aren't fitting and my lips are getting puffier. I try not to think about all the horror stories I hear about water retention and preeclampsia. I just want to be normal. Stay the same size but have a big belly :)! HAH! I know must of us are not that lucky. It's been working out so far but I feel I might be heading into some unknown territory here soon. YIKES!

11 comments:

Brittany said...

I think you'll stay cute and skinny with your little belly the whole way through...especially if all you're eating it lettuce & lemon!!! I've never heard of that but it does sound kinda tasty. And....you're not boring!!!

Chelsea Johnson said...

Oh I'm sure you will be one of those twiggy pregnant ladies, who are twigs everywhere, and then have a cute little belly! My feet got pretty swollen, I could mostly just wear flip flops by the very end--no more cute strappy sandals!

Sarah Greener said...

I am glad that you are feeling better! Hmmmm I have never heard of the Lemon and Lettuce snack before, maybe I will have to try it... I never did get any swelling when I was pregnant, and I am sure that you will be fine as well:) Oh do you have any names in mind now that you know its a girl???

Sarah Greener said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sarah Greener said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Finks said...

Melinda I cannot beleive that you are having a kid now. I am such a loser for not having any kids yet. Don't you want your lips to look like angelina Jolie:)

Dr. E said...

If you feel like your hands and feet are swelling it is a great excuse to go get a cute pregnancy bathing suit and get in a pool. The water really helps with the swelling and it makes you feel thin for awhile too. Bouyancy is a great thing! Otherwise put that husband of yours to work on massaging your legs and feet. I wasn't ever really swollen during pregnancy but Eva was and she said the pool worked good but that massage worked better. Sorry Garrett.

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately swelling gets worse in the summer months. Just try to keep cool and don't bother wearing shoes that fit snuggly. A cute pair of flip flops are the ticket. My lips and nose always swell in pregnancy. Just know that it goes away very quickly after the baby is born. Thanks for your comments about Emma. I got so emotional and I don't know why. I think it's because I miss you alot and rarely get time with you on our own. I will bring her. What day is the shower, where and what time is it?

JaNeil said...

There is still plenty of time for cravings so don't say your boring yet. My most interesting one was with Owen and was sushi - well california rolls because you can't have raw fish when pregnant. A little swelling in the evening is normal and could get worse as it gets warmer, but remember to relax and elevate those feet. You will probably be one of those cute pregnant ladies who only have a little belly and you can't even tell their pregnant from behind.

Sarah Greener said...

ok, so I got my background from matiekay.blogspot.com She has quite a few to choose from and really easy to apply to your own blog. You might just have to rearrange a few items like you link list and stuff on that side, but it is pretty easy. Or you can make your own, which I have not tried yet....I guess that it just takes some time to do and can get a little confusing. But my sister-in-law and Cori sent me some instructions on how to do it so I will forward those instructions to you. I hope I helped you out a bit, if you have any other questions just let me know!:)

Brittany said...

How did the baby shower go?? You need to post some pictures!