Wednesday, April 16, 2008

THESE BOOKS!




I told myself I wasn't going to post anything about the Twilight series but...I too have succumbed to the great force of the "Twilight Phenomenon".

My friend at work was talking about the books one day, telling me I really needed to read them. I shot her down saying I wasn't into Vampires and that kind of thing. She persisted and I said "Ok I guess I'll give them a try". WHOA BUDDY! I'm not sure if it was a good thing or a big mistake!!! Now I'm so in love with the characters in this book!!! Mostly Edward of coarse! I'm an Edward lover, I don't know how anyone could be a Jacob lover (that's a whole other topic).

Anyway I own all of the books now. I've read them twice and have loved them more the second time. I've preordered the 4th book and also "The Host", a new book by Stephanie Meyer. Am I a total dork? I think not, since two of my sister-in-laws are reading them right now, probably as I type.

I've neglected my husband, my friends, my house. EVERYTHING! For these books. When I'm reading them I'm glued to the pages, I hang on every word. Mostly the words about Edward. So my question is, is this wrong? A guy at my work thinks I'm cheating on my husband, with Edward. My boss's wife practically admitted to it (jokingly of coarse). But seriously I have felt a little guilty lately, comparing my husband to Edward and things in my life, to parts in the books. I really do think about them every day. When I finished the 3rd book the first time I felt so lost, alone and bored in my cruel reality!

I just really want to know what's going on with Bella and Edward. The 4th book can't come soon enough. What do all you Twilight Lovers think? Are you just as crazy as I have become??? I know I'm not the only one "in love" but is it wrong, really?

7 comments:

Dr. E said...

Yep, finished all three already. I know, I'm a nut too. I couldn't put them down either. Edward is . . . there are no words. Of course, he is, afterall, over 100 years old. He's had a lot of time to perfect himself. :)

JaNeil said...

Well I have never heard of this series or this author. Of course, I am more or less oblivious of the reading world. I barely have time to read my scriptures, let alone enjoy reading a book or novel. I always think I should read at night instead of watch TV, but how do you read with two little boys wanting your attention? It sounds like you found a good series with a good hunk. Just remember that Edward is only a character and not a real man and that you have a real man that loves you and adores you.

Chelsea Johnson said...

I'm not sure if I've already mentioned this to you or not, but I am not a fan of the books. I have read them, and am actually a Jacob fan, which is obviously a whole other topic, but I'm not really a fan. I have my reasons, but they are too numerous to explain now.

Sorry I couldn't make it to your shower, I really wish I could've. I hope you're feeling well and I'm going to check your registry and get ya something!

Brittany said...

I absolutely love the Twilight series and when I read them in Januarty I totally fell in love with Edward but as time has passed since I've read them I don't think about him too much anymore.:) They totally consumed about a week and a half of my life! I ate, slept, and breathed Edward!! What a hottie!! Adrienne and I decided that the reason we love him so much is because he has qualities that we wished our husbands had.:) I don't know if it's wrong but if it is I don't want to be right!:) I'm so glad you love the books! Welcome to the crazy world of the Twilight fanatics!

Sarah Greener said...

Ok, that is it!! I really need to read these books! I think I am the last person on earth to read them. I know I am sooo sad that I missed your baby shower:( Scott told me I got an invite in the mail when I was in Kanab and I was like Nooooooo... Shoot. I bet it was a lot of fun though. oh and hahahahaha you will not believe this Scott and I were talking about the poodle thing not that long ago no kidding......Scott and I laughed and laughed. And then I about peed my pants when you wrote in your e-mail...... You are so funny. we really need to get together sometime!!

Dr. E said...

I can't believe you didn't post that. You had better change your blog to the Mindy chronicle 'cause I wrote that for Garrett. I am truly vexed.
Actually, Gwen told me that you probably wouldn’t post it because I put hacky in the sacky. I’m used to being taken out of context, don’t worry, I only cried for an hour.

Anonymous said...

yeah so there is a movie being made of Twilight. Go to youtube to see who is playing the characters. At first Edward is not what you would suspect but give it a minute. You will like him by the end of the trailer.