Thursday, May 15, 2008

Part 3



It sure is taking me a long time to get the rest of this trip posted.

So the last part of our trip was definitely our favorite. Garrett and I were able to drive out to the coast and visit a couple of towns. Just like the rest of Oregon, it was absolutely gorgeous. It was quite chilly when we got to the coast so all we were able to do was look at the ocean and take pictures.








(Against my better judgment I decided to post some pictures of my pregnant self because of some requests to see what I look like. Can we say LARGE. SIGH! Oh well just about 10 1/2 weeks left.)



It was well worth the drive though. We were also able to see this amazing bridge and cross it over to Washington.






We ate some yummy sea food and then drove pack to Portland. Once we got back we were pretty tired so we took a short nap and then hurried to the Japanese Gardens before it closed.













That experience is indescribable. Honestly it was so beautiful my small vocabulary isn't capable of producing words to describe it. My pictures don't do it justice either. It was so quiet inside, too. Everyone spoke in whispers as they took in all the splendor of each little setting. We loved it!!! We bought some chop sticks at the Gift Shop as a souvenir and Garrett was able to pick up a sweet little "Zen Garden-Landscaping Rake".

All in all our trip was great. I'm so glad we were able to have this little vacation with just the two of us. I was on cloud nine the whole time. It was like a second Honeymoon. Garrett was exceptionally sweet and careful with me through the whole trip. I love my man so much. He's going to make a wonderful father and I can't wait to see him with our babe.

7 comments:

JaNeil said...

Glad to hear about the last part of your trip. Dan and I have been thinking about going to the coast next summer as a family trip. I am already researching the fun spots to go. Enjoy this time with only Garrett and you because it will soon end. Not that it is bad with kids, but I feel sometimes I lose focus as wife because I am so busy being mom. A pointer I would give and don't follow as well as I should is continue going on dates, even if it is once a month. That is about as frequent as Dan and I get to go out, but it works for now. Pics of pregnancy are not my favorite either, but your children will enjoy looking at them when they are having children.

Anonymous said...

wow those photos are gorgeous. They look professional really! Sounds and looks like you had a great time.

Brittany said...

I am in awe at how beautiful the coast and the garden are!! The coast is just as I imagined it, like in the movies!! What a fun trip!!

Unknown said...

ok so as much as I really want your couch I cannot justify geting it right now. We need so many tools for our yard project and then there is the yard and we need a new camera. Sorry. We would have loved to give it a new home:)

The Pierces said...

Holy crap! What beautiful pictures! That Japanese Garden looks so cool!

You and your cute pregnant belly are coming right along! Cort and I are really excited and happy for you guys. You will be good parents. Love, La

Sarah Greener said...

Wow those pictures are gorgeous! It looks like you had a lot of fun! Mindz you look super cute pregnant, like a little preggers model! I am so glad that you both got to go on a trip and spend some time together. It gets so much harder to do stuff alone once you have kids!:)

Brittany said...

Hey! How are you feeling? I need to call you sometime!