Friday, October 17, 2008

I thought this was pretty funny.

The other night I was giving Adelade some prune juice, you can imagine why (poor thing, I'll save that crisis we're having for another post)and I let go of the bottle and she kept holding on. I had Garrett grab the camera really fast to snap a picture. She definitely wouldn't be able to do this on her own but her hand happened to be underneath the bottle helping to prop it up. She held it herself for quite a few minutes. Pretty cute.

Here's another thing that I think is funny...Adelade likes to hold on to something when she's sleeping.

I came in to check on her while she was napping this evening and I found here holding on to her bow. I guess she must have put her hand up there trying to grab some hair (she does that alot) and she found the bow instead. How comforting. :)


Speaking of bows I've really gotten into making them for Addy. It's been a pretty fun little hobby to pick up. I had my cousin Delsie teach me the basics along with some tips and tricks I wouldn't have thought of. Anyway my first attempts were never quite right. I never really seemed to have bows that were my style. Well I've been practicing quite a bit lately and looking at tons on the internet and here are the ones I finished recently. I like these much better.

11 comments:

Jana said...

Minz,
These ARE cute bows. It's so fun to be able to see her so often too. I loved it tonight , cause not only was she smiling she wa actually laughing with me and cooing.FUN!

kristina said...

Congrats on the bow making . . . they are so cute!

Elea does the same thing-- she grabs a fistful of hair if she doesn't have her blanket. I can't wait to get pics of them together!

We're heading back to SLC on Sunday afternoon so I don't think we'll be able to make it out again.

email me your phone number, etc. ksoliverson@hotmail.com

Dr. E said...

Cute Mindz,

That dark hair sure does look a lot like yours when you were a baby.

Chelsea Johnson said...

The bows are awesome! I need to learn how to do that too, if I ever have a girl! What a little smartie that she can already hold her bottle! Poor thing if she's totally constipated! That's never fun for them.

Jack always loved to be holding onto something to fall asleep too, he would usually pull a blanket right up to his face and hold onto it. They're so freaking precious, especially when they're little like her. Then they get big and run all over the place!

Melinda said...

dr. e

thanks for the sweet little comment. :)

minz

JaNeil said...

The bows are cute. I want a baby girl. And then you can make her some cute bows. If I do get a girl next time around chances are she will have hair like her brothers. One can only hope. I am sounding a little baby hungry here. I know I want more, but not yet.

Brittany said...

Adie looks so big holding her own bottle. I love the bows Minz! Great job! Have you made any head bands?? I love cute little girl baby headbands!:)

rocketstarter said...

haha that is kinda funny that she has to hold onto something when shes sleeping i was sortah like that except the only way that i could sleep (for a while anyway) was to be curled up in a ball... :)

camille swain said...

I have completely forgotten to send those pics to you. I'm so sorry! I'll call you tomorrow and get your e-mail address. somehow I lost it. Please forgive me. I'm such a dork.

Dan said...

Minz,

your lil munchkin is so cute! She got just the sweetest lil eyes.

I hope she sleeps at night for ya.

Congrats sis.

tell Garrett to look at the Brothers Blog every once and a while.

D.

Suelyn said...

Oh my goodness, she looks just like you and she's adorable! Every time I look at a picture of her it just makes me smile!! She's so cute!! I hope I get to see you guys soon!