Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween



Halloween was great this year. Dressing Addy up made it more exciting for us first time parents. Well at least me. Garrett and Addy could have cared less I'm sure. I did have a great time though. I even got the gusto to carve pumpkins this year. We got a lot of comments about our sick pumpkin.



I thought it was pretty clever. I saw the idea on line and I had to use it since I waited until yesterday evening to start carving and that idea was super fast. Our other pumpkin I just stamped leaf shapes in with a cookie cutter and hammer. It would have turned out better if I would have used the little cookie cutters all over, so I'm not posting a picture of it. :)

Anyway our neighborhood gets slammed every year with a million kids. Seriously it's crazy! Kids everywhere darting out in the streets, people on four wheelers and lines of cars. CRAZINESS I say! I bet the kids have fun though. It would be pretty exciting to be out in all that action. It was never like that for me growing up. Kids pretty much stuck to their own neighborhood.

It was so fun to have our family and friends come over last night too. We just hung out and talked. The boys played X-box and we all enjoyed some Homemade apple juice that my mom and Christa made. It was delicious! Just like biting into an apple. Yummy!

11 comments:

Brittany said...

Oh I love Adde's costume!! So cute! The sick pumpkin is awesome! That must be pretty popular this year because I've seen it on like 6 people's blogs! Sounds like you guys had a fun Halloween.:)

JaNeil said...

Cute little pea in a pod. You should have dressed as some other veggie. It has been fun for me to dress up with the boys the last two years. Disgusting pumpkin and I mean that as a compliment.

JaNeil said...

I downloaded photoshop elements 7 for a free 30 day trial. I need a book for dummies. I can do a few basics, but then there is shadowing and brushing and other elements I don't even understand. Dan and I are planning to come to Vernal on November 23rd and stay until the 25th. We wish we could stay for Thanksgiving, but we have to get back for Dan to work. We should have a Monday night get together, do dinner, FHE, and games or something fun.

Rebecca Hunt said...

Oh her little costume is so so cute. I hope I have a little girl!!

camille swain said...

It sounds like you had a great halloween! Addy's costume is super cute.

Jana said...

Minz-
I gotta say again that I don't care if you did have the same pumpkin idea as a lot of others (i didn't see there's) I love yours.
Halloween WAS fun. I like get togethers though with all the laughing and talking. Thanks for the invite.

Suelyn said...

K... she's stinki' adorable! I can't get over it! ha ha And that little costume could just melt your heart! So cute!!

Christa, Hyrum, and Bianca said...

What a cute little Pea, and a cute little mommy! Thanks for the fun Halloween night. You are so creative and fun. The pumpkin seriously cracked me up. Loved it. :)

Anonymous said...

totally cute!!!!! I love the barfing pumpkin. Hey I am going private. Check out my most recent blog for info.

Suelyn said...

You have a picture of me at your house! I'm honored... and that rocks that people STILL think we look alike. Actually, at first, Adam got all confused because there are lots of pictures of you in our family scrapbooks and he would get mixed up ha ha

angie said...

that's my fav baby costume. i love it. and i love your pumpkin too. very funny!!