Friday, January 16, 2009

So much to post...so little time!!!

1.Addy started on baby food quite a few weeks ago! Hooray! Well sort of. She still nurses which is fine, but she hates formula, so no breaks for me, yet.

Here's Adelade chowing on some carrots. Yummy! She looks kind of like a cartoon character here or something. So cute. Love it!

2. Adelade received her first hair cut a couple of weeks ago. More like a trim. Garrett did it and I helped a little...saying "cut some here, ok now some over here". Anyway she was a little scraggle-muffin so we had to get some of that tamed. Her hair was like an old man's, rubbed off on the sides and in the back and falling out rapidly everywhere else. I don't think it's doing that anymore. I hope. It was pretty gross for a while there. I was finding her hairs everywhere. All over her crib, on her clothes, in my mouth and even in her diaper. Sick!
After
During
Before

3. Adelade is everywhere. I can't leave her for a second anymore or she has rolled across the room. She's flipping from her tummy to her back and from her back to her tummy. She's pulling and scooting and she's so dang strong these days. No more snuggling either. It makes me sad. She used to just cuddle up to me but now it's only to eat and sleep. Addy loves her exersaucer. I'm sure it's because she can stand in it. She prefers that position these days. Always wanting to jump and kick. It's pretty dang cute but I'm realizing that she is growing up so fast. Nooooo stop growing!

This is how she does it. But usually the mat is over here and Adelade is over there far away from it. I should have had a picture of what she was doing after I snapped this one and sat down to download it. Yeah, she was sucking on a dust pan and hand-broom across the room. She's a fast little turkey!

7 comments:

Chelsea Johnson said...

They do grow way too quickly. Before you know it she will go from sucking on a dust pan to yelling at you and hitting you! Yep, Jack is one mean little guy! I know I pretend on my blog he's sweet, but truly, he's a meanie!

Her new haircut is adorable!

JaNeil said...

I can't believe she is almost 6 months old. They do grow fast. I am still happy my boys like to snuggle with me. It sounds like you will be baby proofing the house soon. At first you can get away with doing nothing, but once they are mobile anything 3 feet and lower needs to be baby proof. She is cute. I need a girl!

Brittany said...

She is getting so big! I can't believe she's rolling and scooting. She looks so cute in her bumbo seat while her daddy was cutting her hair! What a cutie!

Suelyn said...

My goodness she's cute! I'm so glad I got to see you guys and see how cute Addy is (I'm not sure how u spell the nick name). Love you!

Gwen said...

What a doll. She is just so precious. Garrett did a good job cutting her hair. Can't wait to see you all again.

Melanie said...

Sadly enough those haircuts only get harder....I've been holding off on McKenna's until she is sick for her next haircut, that way she will be kinda drugged up and calm! I must say Addy is super duper cute!

Ruth said...

I love that I can watch your cute little babe grow up right before my eyes. Don't blink or you might miss something. :)