Wednesday, March 18, 2009

St. Patrick's Day



So it's just a regular day. But, my mom made it fun by inviting Me and Garrett and Jana and her boys over for an Irish dinner. Corned beef and cabbage. It was really delish! I actually liked the cooked cabbage. We ate like pigs, had dessert and then played some "Mexican smuggle train" dominoes.

Some Addy updates.







She's pulling herself up to and onto things...including stairs. Last night she made her first attempt to climb our wood stairs,(don't worry Garrett was watching her while he played X-box, hah). She got pretty scared on about her second step. I heard her crying from the kitchen and ran to see that she was about to fall back down. Luckily I got there in time. Garrett and I were both shocked. I didn't think she would try this so soon. Also this morning I came into her room to feed her and she was standing up in her crib, holding on to the rails. It's freaking me out how quickly she is learning this. I don't want it to happen yet.

5 comments:

Brittany said...

Oh I'm lovin' the big pink bow! So cute! Sounds like you guys had a festiv St.Patricks Day. My mom makes corned beef and cabbage and I like it.

JaNeil said...

Once again can I say I want a girl. I love the picture of Addy with Papa. They do grow fast and now she is going to start changing and doing things faster than you would like. Enjoy every moment, because they don't last long. We enjoyed corned beef and cabbage too on Tuesday.

camille swain said...

What a cutie pie. I mean really, she is so special. I can't believe she's trying that stuff too. She seems too young, even though I know she isn't.

Gwen said...

Cute pics! Addy is adorable, as always. We had corned beef and cabbage too. I made Aaron cook it in the garage and it still filled the whole house with cabbage smell. Oh, well, he really enjoyed it. Me, not such a big fan. I thought it tasted ok, but Aaron just kept on and on about it. Well, hope to see you soon.

Sarah Greener said...

I must say that I have never tried corned beef and cabbage before, but I guess I am going to have to try it. Sounds like a fun St. Patty's day! Little Addy is getting to be so big. She is just too dang cute. I love the cute bow in her hair! Did you make it?