Saturday, May 2, 2009

Birthdays

On Thursday we celebrated Dad and Garrett's birthday since they are only a couple of days apart. Aaron and Gwen happened to be here so I baked a couple of cakes (the white one was a hummingbird cake here's the recipe, it's really good, but I used a cream cheese frosting) and put up a few decorations to make it fun.



It was also Christa's little baby, Annabell Ione Smith's, actual day of birth. She's super cute! Blonde, looks a little bit like her big sister Bianca, but mostly like her dad. Check out Christa's blog for more info about the babe. I don't know her exact weight and height so I won't post it here.



Adelade loved playing with her cousins during their visit. One cute thing that we loved was Penelope running around and calling for Adelade to follow. Saying "Come on, come on" and "I like you". Adelade loved it! She would crawl as fast as she could after Penelope, saying "Eee eee eee" the whole time. It made me happy to see them playing together. Adelade also liked baby Eleanor and had a fun time pushing her in Mom's little walker. It was crazy to see my little girl walking around. I'm happy she isn't ready to do it by herself though, she's already into everything.

It was the first time I was able to meet Eleanor. She such a sweet babe. She's so smiley and happy. When I picked her up I was shocked at how light she felt and so strong. She was just so capable. I felt like I could set her down and she might walk away.

Aaron and Gwen's visit was great. We were all sad it was such a short visit though. We're excited they are coming back in August for the "Guys Camping Trip".

5 comments:

Brittany said...

Oh that's super cute!!! Happy birthday to Garrett and your dad! 28 huh?? Oh 30's getting closer!:)

JaNeil said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Garrett. I was totally a slacker and didn't get a card sent. Sorry. I was thinking of last year and how much fun we had at The Cheesecake Factory. We should plan to get together every year for a big birthday bash with 4 in a row in the family.

Sarah Greener said...

Haha that little Adelade is so such a little cutie! It sounds like a good time with all the birthday celebrations, that is so fun! I love your cakes! I am impressed that you make yours, I just buy mine, I still can't really cook! haha

Gwen said...

I wish we would have gotten a picture or video of Penelope and Adelade together. It was so cute to see them playing together.

Suelyn said...

Oh for cute! I love all the pics! I miss hanging with your fam!!!