Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Adelade is 2

I planned to have an amazing Lemonade Stand themed party for Addy at the park. With totally awesome decorations, snacks and games.  But alas reality set in once again and I remembered upon arriving at the park that kids could care less what kind of decorations are set up.  They just want to play.  So the lemon zest popcorn, the freshly squeezed lemonade and all of my hard work in making those awesome decorations from Paper & Cake  had to wait for the family party where adults (my mom) could really appreciate all my efforts.  Addy had a grand time playing on all of the playground equipment.  This park has especially cool equipment so I think all the kids had fun, even the big kids. 

I barely got this shot. 
This girl wouldn't slow down for a second
          



Except to get a beverage. 
Lemonade happens to be one of her favorites.
             


Sweet little Izzy. Isn't she a doll?
                  



Addy's buddy, Gabe
                        



Unfortunately the weather didn't hold up later that evening, so the family party had to be held inside.  Dang it.  My tiny kitchen was a sub-par venue.


Printable cupcake toppers from Paper & Cake
                              



I just love this banner. 
All the ideas come with the kits as well
                      
                  



 Found the recipe for Lemon Parsley Popcorn here



How sad that all those pretty things 
had to be crammed on this tiny table
      


I had big plans for my willow tree in the back yard to be the canopy for whole setting. That cute paper chain attached to my white distressed table would have been perfect. I have to admit that I really wanted to test out my new camera and that's why I went to all this effort for Adelade's birthday.  She really doesn't care about any of it.  She did love her presents from her grandparents though.  The tea set from Grandma Dana... BIG HIT!




(Wow, one would think I didn't do her hair that day. 
When in fact I did 3 times.)




I love you darling Adelade. So glad you're 2 and you're YOU!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

still cute even though the weather ruined your plans. SO CUTE. I might have to copy this one year. You're just always so crafty. I think it's in your bones. :)

Adelade is such a cutie and even though I've never met her, I'm pretty sure I love her! :)

Brittany said...

Such CUTE decorations Minz! Love that theme! Roman & I are ready for you & Addy to come see us.:) I can't believe she's 2 already!! Happy birthday Addy!!

angie said...

ok... i'm a little behind on readying blogs! the party decor was darling. i'm thinking the heatons got all the talent!